Need Mongolian Garb photos ASAP

  • eislinn_99
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 8, 2008
      Event is this upcoming weekend.

      Thank you in advance.

      Eibhin
    • Diane Sawyer Dooley
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 8, 2008
        You didn't say whether you wanted pictures of SCAdians wearing Mongolian, or Mongols wearing traditional costume, or patterns or what, so here are some links:
        http://www.face-music.ch/bi_bid/trad_costumes_en.html
        http://www.skiouros.net/varia/ncmpr/ncmpr.htm
        http://www.worldofstock.com/closeups/TAI1915.php
        http://www.worldofstock.com/closeups/TAI1918.php
        http://www.costumes.org/ethnic/1PAGES/asiancostlinks.htm#Mongolia

        HTH

        Tasha

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 8, 2008
          MODERATOR NOTE - As a courtesy to our many members who receive their messages in digest form, we ask that you not top post and that you edit any portion of previous messages that do not require repetition. Thank you. Jehanne de Wodeford, Pacific Time Zone Moderator.

          MESSAGE ORDER REVERSED AND EDITED:

          --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, Diane Sawyer Dooley
          <tasha_medvedeva@...> wrote:

          > You didn't say whether you wanted pictures of SCAdians wearing
          Mongolian, or Mongols wearing traditional costume, or patterns or
          what, so here are some links:SNIPPED.

          Thank you! This was perfect. My Husband is playing the roll of Marco
          Polo in an event this weekend, and brought home cloth and fake fur and
          together we are trying to come up with some Garb, really quick.

          You assistance is greatly appreciated.

          Eibhlin
        • Diane Sawyer Dooley
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 8, 2008
            > --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, Diane Sawyer Dooley
            > <tasha_medvedeva@> wrote:
            > >
            > > You didn't say whether you wanted pictures of SCAdians wearing
            > Mongolian, or Mongols wearing traditional costume, or patterns or
            > what, so here are some links:SNIPPED.
            >
            > Thank you! This was perfect. My Husband is playing the roll of Marco
            > Polo in an event this weekend, and brought home cloth and fake fur and
            > together we are trying to come up with some Garb, really quick.
            >
            > You assistance is greatly appreciated.
            >
            > Eibhlin

            Then why don't you dress him in Italian?

            Tasha
          • eislinn_99
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 9, 2008
              > Then why don't you dress him in Italian?
              > Tasha

              Because we already have the Italian. He wants to dress as Marco Polo
              would have, to fit in with the culture, all along the route he
              supposedly took. He's having fun with it.

              Eibhlin