Historic costuming archive

  • russianarabs
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2008
      For those unfamiliar with La Promenade d¢Histoire, here are some
      details:

      When: Saturday October 4th, 2008 from about 1 PM to 4 PM (to give the
      populace something to do while judging is in progress)
      Where: Kingdom A&S Competition in Wickenberg, AZ
      What is it?: The basic description is that it is a fashion show for
      medieval
      clothing.

      Several of Atenveldt's talented costumers are being asked to model a
      historically accurate garment (or find a model to do this) and to
      provide
      documentation which will be read to the audience while each model
      walks the
      runway. This information will include what the garment is called,
      what
      century it would have been found in and where, etc. Once the model
      reaches
      the end of the runway, the audience will be allowed to ask the
      artisan
      questions about the garment for a period of about 5 minutes. Then,
      the next
      model will be sent down the runway...etc.

      Once the model has finished answering questions, they will then be
      part of a
      "photo-shoot" (provided they give permission), organized by Baron
      Master
      Kristoff. All photos will be hosted on his website, and available to
      the
      populace along with more detailed documentation written by the
      artisans.

      It is our hope that with this activity and the future website we can
      give
      the Populace of Atenveldt one more tool to use in their research of
      medieval/Renaissance costuming...or, to help a new member of the SCA
      to find
      a persona they like...perhaps even given a seasoned SCA member ideas
      for
      trying something new. Either way, this is intended to be a resource
      for the
      Kingdom which I hope to continue adding to for years to come.

      Here is the link to the pics Master Kristoff took at Kingdom A&S
      Collegium for La Promenade.

      http://gallery.rocinante.com/main.php?g2_itemId=19845

      Please feel free to pass this info along for others to see.

      Please enjoy these wonderful pictures
      Lady Nefratiri Atenveldt