Re: Looking for a website

  • tigurgurl03
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 24, 2008
      > Catherine,
      > I just went looking for the Atlantia A&S Links page, but the server
      > seems to be unavailable for now. It seemed likely that somewhere at
      > that site I'd find what you're looking for.
      > I do recall an article in "The Knowne World Handbook" which
      discussed
      > making changes to modern patterns to get a more historically correct
      > result. That was dealing with "modern real-life" patterns, but some
      > of the principles will apply, such as removing darts from a bodice
      > get a Tudor/Elizabethan appearance.
      >
      > Is that the sort of thing you meant?
      >
      > Yseult the Gentle

      I have found a couple of sitess, that I of course didn't book mark,
      that listed various McCall's, Simplicity, etc patterns, if they were
      close to period, and suggestions on how to make them more period. I
      usually draft my own patterns, but I am making garb for a guy friend
      of mine who is interested in joining us in this great game. The
      patterns are Simplicity 3519 and 4059.

      Catherine Vallemont