Re: [Authentic_SCA] Reopening of Palazzo Davanzati in Florence

  • kittencat3@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 12, 2008
      YES! I've been there and it's amazing! The walls are painted to simulate
      imported carpets and pieced wallhangings, and they're absolutely wonderful!

      Sarah Davies

      In a message dated 8/12/2008 1:03:30 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      Christina_Lemke@... writes:

      Hi all,

      good news for all friends of Italian Renaissance lifestyle.
      The Palazzo Davanzati in Florence is being reopened after being "in
      restauro" for many years. At the moment you can only visit the rooms
      on the first floor, including the "sala dei pappagalli" and the "sala
      dei pavoni" where the painted decoration on the walls contains
      parrots (or are they parrakeets?)parrots (or are they p
      I asked when the rest of the museum will be visible, and the guard
      said from December on. I asked "Anche la cucina?" (the kitchen, too?)
      and he smiled and said "Soprattutto la cucina!" (above all, the
      kitchen!).
      This is a museum of Renaissance Italian lifestyle in a medieval
      palazzo with painted decoration on the walls and old furniture (not
      all of it medieval, some is 16th / 17th century) and also artwork of
      the period. The kitchen is especially remarkable, and I can only
      advise anyone who plans to travel to Tuscany next year the spare some
      time in Florence for this museum. It is very special indeed.

      Best regards,

      Christina

      Read reviews on AOL Autos.