Re: travelling ala medieval

  • wodeford
    Message 1 of 43 , Aug 12, 2008
      --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, bronwynmgn@... wrote:

      > I actually spent a prolonged time (not all day, but well over half
      an hour,
      > possibly more than an hour) outside in the pouring rain in my wool
      gown and
      > hood at Pennsic a few years ago, and the only thing that was wet
      when I took
      > the wool off was the inside of my sleeve where I had been obliged
      to hold my
      > arm up in the air and the water had run down my arm.

      Up that to about an hour in the rain at Estrella this past February in
      a coat-weight wool tunic gown over two layers of linen. I was so
      comfortable, I left it on most of the day and the linen layers stayed dry.

      Jehanne de Wodeford
    • balanttina
      Message 43 of 43 , Sep 22, 2008
        hello!

        <labhaoise_obeachain@...> wrote:

        > Thank you, thank you, thank you, did I say thank you yet? Can you
        pack me in one of you bags and boxes?
        > Labhaoise~

        ooooo :o). can you shrink into travel-friendly size? no problemo. :o)

        I was in Nurnberg last week and visited Germanisches Nationalmuseum
        there. it is superb! I posted some pictures on my blog:
        http://www.freewebs.com/camino-medieval/preparationsblog.htm. enjoy them!

        take care, celestina