Re: Reconciling real life with who you want to be.

  • Lilinah
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 3, 2008
      My question is:
      Do you play completely in persona - and do not behave as your mundane
      self - at SCA events?
      Or are you basically your mundane self with a veneer of persona
      (garb, food, accessories, etc.)

      There is a difference between understanding what the life of your
      persona would have been like, and being a SCAdian at SCA events.

      His Grace, Duke Cariadoc, always stays in persona (unless there's a
      good reason to revert to the mundane, like an emergency). His wife
      has a persona from a very different culture and time period (and she
      does not always play in persona). I recommend you read some of his
      essays to help you reconcile your persona and what you actually do at
      SCA events.

      There are articles here written *in persona*. You first want to read
      his articles ABOUT persona
      http://www.pbm.com/%7Elindahl/cariadoc/miscellany.html
      -- Concerning a dream
      -- Staying In Persona and Other Things: An Opinion
      -- The Little Things
      -- Some Sources for Islamic Persona
      -- Adjusting to Reality
      -- A Dying Dream
      -- The Enchanted Ground: A Progress Report
      -- Concerning Consistency (or: Ignorance is Bliss)
      --
      Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
      the persona formerly known as Anahita

      My LibraryThing
    • Joan Mielke Yost
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 3, 2008
        --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "pandora_heinlein"
        <urselstegerin@...> wrote:
        So when on a persona survey I 'm asked, am i married, well
        > no as the person I want to be I wouldn't be married to him because
        > he wouldn't exsist in my time frame.

        "Persona survey??"

        Jehanne
      • Ursel Stegerin
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 3, 2008
          ]Jehanne asked ...
          > "Persona survey??"
          >
          > Jehanne

          Sorry, its really a persona development worksheet.
          http://www.modaruniversity.org/Persona1.htm

          I'm trying to more deeply develop my persona and thought it might be
          a good place to start.

          --
          Ursel Stegerin
          Barony of Madrone
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 4, 2008
            Thanks i'll read that over. I'm looking at persona development with
            an eye to playing in persona at events.

            --
            Ursel Stegerin
            Barony of Madrone