Re: [Authentic_SCA] Homebrew book help

  • Lilinah
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 2, 2008
      Jenn wrote:
      >I don't think that Desamona meant books on home brewing, rather meant
      >'homebrew' books, as in done at home; probably through a copy shop
      >with a comb binder. I have copies of both Zoppinos in the workroom
      >somewhere, iirc, but my workroom is still only half unpacked from a
      >rebuild, and they seem to be in one of the still-packed boxes.

      Thank. I've never heard them referred to that way before.

      >Try Ruth Kern Books <http://www.ruthkernbooks.com/>(a needlework book
      >reseller), or a SCA-centric bookseller who carries a lot of tiny-press
      >books, and keep looking. (I think I got mine through Lacis, or maybe
      >Poison Pen, but it's been years.)

      I'll be checking out Ruth Kern (but don't worry, not for Zoppino).

      I live near Lacis, so i drop into the shop at least monthly. It's a
      wonderland for those who do all sorts of textile handwork and
      costuming - books, tools, threads, special fabric, lace, everything
      for making your own corset, hat blanks, etc.
      http://www.lacis.com

      And i've purchased from Devra (Poison Pen Press) and even worked for
      her at Pennsic last year. She's at Pennsic now, but she may be
      checking her e-mail nightly in her motel.
      http://www.poisonpenpress.com

      --
      Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
      the persona formerly known as Anahita