Homebrew book help

  • Desamona
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 31, 2008
      Ok! That�s it!!!

      I�ve been trying since early 2005 to get ahold of Falconwood Press to
      purchase 2 books from them, but I have never successfully got ahold of them,
      let alone bought any books!

      So, I am going to post on here, hoping someone will help me. I am looking
      for 2 titles:

      Nicolo Zoppino�s �Esemplario 1530� (graphed by Susan J Evans)

      Nicolo Zoppino�s �Universali, 1537� (also graphed by Susan J Evans)

      These are �homebrew� books, I believe, since no library I know carries
      copies of them (except for the originals). I would be more than happy to
      pay for any costs associated with photocopying, shipping, purchasing an old
      copy�. Whatever.

      Anyone able to help me? I would be ever, ever so grateful!!!

      Cheers!

      Des

      des@...

      P.S. Thanks in advance!

      Checked by AVG.
      12:00 PM

    • Lilinah
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 2008
        Desamona wrote:
        >Ok! That’s it!!!
        >
        >I’ve been trying since early 2005 to get ahold of Falconwood Press to
        >purchase 2 books from them, but I have never successfully got ahold of them,
        >let alone bought any books!
        >
        >So, I am going to post on here, hoping someone will help me. I am looking
        >for 2 titles:
        >
        >Nicolo Zoppino’s “Esemplario 1530” (graphed by Susan J Evans)
        >
        >Nicolo Zoppino’s “Universali, 1537” (also graphed by Susan J Evans)
        >
        >These are “homebrew” books, I believe, since no library I know carries
        >copies of them (except for the originals). I would be more than happy to
        >pay for any costs associated with photocopying, shipping, purchasing an old
        >copy…. Whatever.
        >
        >Anyone able to help me? I would be ever, ever so grateful!!!

        First, Falconwood Press is no more, ceased quite some time before 2005.
        Second, i'm pretty sure those Zoppino books are
        for needlework (i.e. embroidery, lace, etc.), not
        home brewing.
        Third, for used, out-of-print, and even new books i check:
        http://www.bookfinder.com
        --
        Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
        the persona formerly known as Anahita

        My LibraryThing
      • Jenn Ridley
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 1, 2008
          On Fri, 1 Aug 2008 11:51:28 -0700, Lilinah <lilinah@...>
          wrote:

          >Desamona wrote:
          >>Ok! That’s it!!!
          >>
          >>I’ve been trying since early 2005 to get ahold of Falconwood Press to
          >>purchase 2 books from them, but I have never successfully got ahold of them,
          >>let alone bought any books!
          >>
          >>So, I am going to post on here, hoping someone will help me. I am looking
          >>for 2 titles:
          >>
          >>Nicolo Zoppino’s “Esemplario 1530” (graphed by Susan J Evans)
          >>
          >>Nicolo Zoppino’s “Universali, 1537” (also graphed by Susan J Evans)
          >>
          >>These are “homebrew” books, I believe, since no library I know carries
          >>copies of them (except for the originals). I would be more than happy to
          >>pay for any costs associated with photocopying, shipping, purchasing an old
          >>copy…. Whatever.
          >>
          >>Anyone able to help me? I would be ever, ever so grateful!!!
          >
          >First, Falconwood Press is no more, ceased quite some time before 2005.
          >Second, i'm pretty sure those Zoppino books are
          >for needlework (i.e. embroidery, lace, etc.), not
          >home brewing.

          I don't think that Desamona meant books on home brewing, rather meant
          'homebrew' books, as in done at home; probably through a copy shop
          with a comb binder. I have copies of both Zoppinos in the workroom
          somewhere, iirc, but my workroom is still only half unpacked from a
          rebuild, and they seem to be in one of the still-packed boxes.

          >Third, for used, out-of-print, and even new books i check:
          >http://www.bookfinder.com

          Bookfinder probably will not be able to help with the Zoppino
          reprints, as they were originally printed by a small press and
          probably weren't ever commercially distributed.

          Try Ruth Kern Books <http://www.ruthkernbooks.com/>(a needlework book
          reseller), or a SCA-centric bookseller who carries a lot of tiny-press
          books, and keep looking. (I think I got mine through Lacis, or maybe
          Poison Pen, but it's been years.)

          stasia

          --
          Jenn Ridley : jridley@...
        • Lilinah
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 2, 2008
            Jenn wrote:
            >I don't think that Desamona meant books on home brewing, rather meant
            >'homebrew' books, as in done at home; probably through a copy shop
            >with a comb binder. I have copies of both Zoppinos in the workroom
            >somewhere, iirc, but my workroom is still only half unpacked from a
            >rebuild, and they seem to be in one of the still-packed boxes.

            Thank. I've never heard them referred to that way before.

            >Try Ruth Kern Books <http://www.ruthkernbooks.com/>(a needlework book
            >reseller), or a SCA-centric bookseller who carries a lot of tiny-press
            >books, and keep looking. (I think I got mine through Lacis, or maybe
            >Poison Pen, but it's been years.)

            I'll be checking out Ruth Kern (but don't worry, not for Zoppino).

            I live near Lacis, so i drop into the shop at least monthly. It's a
            wonderland for those who do all sorts of textile handwork and
            costuming - books, tools, threads, special fabric, lace, everything
            for making your own corset, hat blanks, etc.
            http://www.lacis.com

            And i've purchased from Devra (Poison Pen Press) and even worked for
            her at Pennsic last year. She's at Pennsic now, but she may be
            checking her e-mail nightly in her motel.
            http://www.poisonpenpress.com