Re: Feeling a bit greenish

  • wodeford
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 24, 2008
      --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "Coleen" <autumn18thc@...> wrote:

      > I'm from the East coast of Massachusetts, could somebody direct me to
      > Authentic SCA groups, and perhaps a website or two to their favorite
      > garb stores? I'm learning the hammered dulcimer, and once I'm done
      > with adding to my nursing education, I would like to eventually partake
      > in events.

      Welcome to the list.

      Your best place to start is at your kingdom's website:
      http://eastkingdom.org/branches.html
      Contact your local group, check out some local activities and see if
      you like it.

      Our Society spans many periods and cultures prior to 1600. Deciding on
      which one(s) interest you will help you determine what sort of
      historical dress you want to wear, what sort of material goods (eating
      utensils, camp gear, etc.) are appropriate for your chosen spot on the
      timeline and so forth. Many local groups can arrange for loaner
      clothing to help you acclimate at your first events too.

      However, since you asked, and since they're GOOD, you might want to
      check out Historic Enterprises. They're not cheap, but their quality
      is outstanding - I still have a couple of pieces I bought from them
      years ago and they've worn extremely well.
      http://www.historicenterprises.com/

      Be sure to take a look through the links and files sections here at
      http://groups/yahoo.com/Authentic_SCA

      Cheers,
      Jehanne de Wodeford
      Pacific Time Zone Moderator