Re: [Authentic_SCA] Re: Feeling a bit greenish

  • Rebecca Klingbeil
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 24, 2008
      You can also see where you are 'officially' at sca.org
      (using the interactive map, etc.) and then check the
      websites of local group[s] for links/contacts to
      guilds, etc.

      Leofwynn
    • wodeford
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 24, 2008
        --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "Coleen" <autumn18thc@...> wrote:

        > I'm from the East coast of Massachusetts, could somebody direct me to
        > Authentic SCA groups, and perhaps a website or two to their favorite
        > garb stores? I'm learning the hammered dulcimer, and once I'm done
        > with adding to my nursing education, I would like to eventually partake
        > in events.

        Welcome to the list.

        Your best place to start is at your kingdom's website:
        http://eastkingdom.org/branches.html
        Contact your local group, check out some local activities and see if
        you like it.

        Our Society spans many periods and cultures prior to 1600. Deciding on
        which one(s) interest you will help you determine what sort of
        historical dress you want to wear, what sort of material goods (eating
        utensils, camp gear, etc.) are appropriate for your chosen spot on the
        timeline and so forth. Many local groups can arrange for loaner
        clothing to help you acclimate at your first events too.

        However, since you asked, and since they're GOOD, you might want to
        check out Historic Enterprises. They're not cheap, but their quality
        is outstanding - I still have a couple of pieces I bought from them
        years ago and they've worn extremely well.
        http://www.historicenterprises.com/

        Be sure to take a look through the links and files sections here at
        http://groups/yahoo.com/Authentic_SCA

        Cheers,
        Jehanne de Wodeford
        Pacific Time Zone Moderator