Feeling a bit greenish

  • Coleen
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 23, 2008
      I'm from the East coast of Massachusetts, could somebody direct me to
      Authentic SCA groups, and perhaps a website or two to their favorite
      garb stores? I'm learning the hammered dulcimer, and once I'm done
      with adding to my nursing education, I would like to eventually partake
      in events.

      Thank you,
      Coleen
    • Diane Sawyer Dooley
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 23, 2008
        --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "Coleen" <autumn18thc@...> wrote:

        > I'm from the East coast of Massachusetts, could somebody direct me to
        > Authentic SCA groups, and perhaps a website or two to their favorite
        > garb stores? I'm learning the hammered dulcimer, and once I'm done
        > with adding to my nursing education, I would like to eventually partake
        > in events.
        >
        > Thank you,
        > Coleen

        I'm from Lawrence, where are you? What time and place are you
        interested in -- maybe we can dial you in for groups.

        As far as garb shops, I'm afraid I can't help you. But you're in the
        middle of EK Central, with a lot of truly talented tailors and
        seamstresses. Maybe we can teach you to sew!

        Tasha
        who does mostly Viking and Anglo-Saxon.
      • Rebecca Klingbeil
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 24, 2008
          You can also see where you are 'officially' at sca.org
          (using the interactive map, etc.) and then check the
          websites of local group[s] for links/contacts to
          guilds, etc.

          Leofwynn
        • wodeford
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 24, 2008
            --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "Coleen" <autumn18thc@...> wrote:

            > I'm from the East coast of Massachusetts, could somebody direct me to
            > Authentic SCA groups, and perhaps a website or two to their favorite
            > garb stores? I'm learning the hammered dulcimer, and once I'm done
            > with adding to my nursing education, I would like to eventually partake
            > in events.

            Welcome to the list.

            Your best place to start is at your kingdom's website:
            http://eastkingdom.org/branches.html
            Contact your local group, check out some local activities and see if
            you like it.

            Our Society spans many periods and cultures prior to 1600. Deciding on
            which one(s) interest you will help you determine what sort of
            historical dress you want to wear, what sort of material goods (eating
            utensils, camp gear, etc.) are appropriate for your chosen spot on the
            timeline and so forth. Many local groups can arrange for loaner
            clothing to help you acclimate at your first events too.

            However, since you asked, and since they're GOOD, you might want to
            check out Historic Enterprises. They're not cheap, but their quality
            is outstanding - I still have a couple of pieces I bought from them
            years ago and they've worn extremely well.
            http://www.historicenterprises.com/

            Be sure to take a look through the links and files sections here at
            http://groups/yahoo.com/Authentic_SCA

            Cheers,
            Jehanne de Wodeford
            Pacific Time Zone Moderator