Re: [Authentic_SCA] Looking for Houppelande Pattern advice

  • Heather Rose Jones
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 26, 2008
      On Jun 26, 2008, at 11:09 AM, Lilinah wrote:

      > This link to a picture of the extant houppelande was posted to the
      > aotc list quite recently.
      > http://www.kostym.cz/Anglicky/1_Originaly/01_Goticke/I_01_26.htm
      > I've been to the site before - they've got a nice selection of
      > photos of all sorts of extant garments, but do not always have much
      > info about them.

      Recently there's been a steady stream of publications on surviving
      medieval garments held at Prague Castle, including a number of
      garment types I haven't seen surviving in Western Europe (that is,
      types that were worn in the west, but where no examples seem to have
      survived there). It's quite delightful. I keep thinking that my
      wish-I-could tour around Europe collecting information on surviving
      garments definitely needs to include Prague. (And, hey, I can still
      remember at least a dozen words of Czech.)

      Tangwystyl