Re: replica SCA-period bottles & wines

  • lorddonal
    Message 1 of 17 , Jun 24, 2008
      MODERATOR NOTE - As a courtesy to our many members who receive their list mail in digest form, we request that you not top-post over previous messages and that you delete any text from previous messages that does not require repetition. Thank you. Jehanne de Wodeford, Pacific Time Zone Moderator.

      Message order edited:
      --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, Beth and Bob Matney
      <bmatney@...> wrote:

      > At 02:10 PM 6/20/2008, Matthew Baker wrote:
      >
      > >If anyone knows of modern vineyards which are still producing the
      > >same categories of wines as were imported into England between
      > >say 1450AD and 1509AD, - would you be good enough to pass that
      > >info along to us?

      Rhenish wine was a clear white wine that is produced from the Rhine
      Valley.

      Malmsey was a strong, sweet white wine from Greece, originally from
      Monemvasia in the Peloponnese.

      Claret was a light red wine from Bordeaux.

      Donal O'Brien
    • digital.princess
      Message 2 of 17 , Jun 24, 2008
        Greetings!