RE: [Authentic_SCA] Re: replica SCA-period bottles & wines

  • Robert Van Rens
    Message 1 of 17 , Jun 23, 2008
      I've purchased from Medieval Design before...my experiences with thier dress accessories, etc. have been very good. Custome contact can be tricky, due to the time difference, but I very much like the items I have purchased from them.

      Eadric the Potter Rob Van Rens www.ironwoodpottery.com
    • lorddonal
      Message 2 of 17 , Jun 24, 2008
        MODERATOR NOTE - As a courtesy to our many members who receive their list mail in digest form, we request that you not top-post over previous messages and that you delete any text from previous messages that does not require repetition. Thank you. Jehanne de Wodeford, Pacific Time Zone Moderator.

        Message order edited:
        --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, Beth and Bob Matney
        <bmatney@...> wrote:

        > At 02:10 PM 6/20/2008, Matthew Baker wrote:
        >
        > >If anyone knows of modern vineyards which are still producing the
        > >same categories of wines as were imported into England between
        > >say 1450AD and 1509AD, - would you be good enough to pass that
        > >info along to us?

        Rhenish wine was a clear white wine that is produced from the Rhine
        Valley.

        Malmsey was a strong, sweet white wine from Greece, originally from
        Monemvasia in the Peloponnese.

        Claret was a light red wine from Bordeaux.

        Donal O'Brien
      • digital.princess
        Message 3 of 17 , Jun 24, 2008
          Greetings!