Re: National Gallery catalogue: 16th-Century Italian paintings Vol I

  • Heather/Margaret
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 18, 2008
      (MODERATOR NOTE: please sign all posts to this list. Thank you, Despina)

      Do you know the title of the books?� I'd like to look into ordering.

      There are catalaogues available from this National Gallery exhibit of
      16th-century Italian paintings available for as little as $75 on Amazon.com

      The National Gallery of Art has a very useful set of books for sale,
      too, full of lovely period art with nice detail. Included among them are
      _Durer to Veronese: Sixteenth Century Painting in The National Gallery_.
      I own a copy of this and it *really* is their 16 C collection, including
      the Italianate works, along with discussions that are naturally quite
      educational regarding the process and what's beneath the top layer and
      such. The ISBN is 0-300-07220-1 and if you give them a call, I bet
      they'll be happy to help you out with any other related-interest titles
      that they might have. Unfortunately, their shop website is currently
      very limited.

      Margaret Northwode
      ...who also owns their _German Paintings_
    • Beth and Bob Matney
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 18, 2008
        At 08:56 AM 6/18/2008, Margaret Northwode wrote:

        >The National Gallery of Art has a very useful set of books for sale,
        >too, full of lovely period art with nice detail. Included among them are
        >_Durer to Veronese: Sixteenth Century Painting in The National Gallery_.
        >
        >Margaret Northwode

        Yale Univ. Press has this on sale ... $22.50
        http://yalepress.yale.edu/yupbooks/SaleCatalog.asp?catalog=1003299#section1003439
        use the promotional code YSALE

        Beth Matney (Beth of Walnutvale)