New book - Tudor court

  • Kilian Metcalf
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 16, 2008
      There is a new book out called Jane Boleyn: The Infamous Lady Rochford by
      Julia Fox. Those of you who are Tudor court mavens will know her as Queen
      Anne Boleyn's sister-in-law, married to her brother George Boleyn.

      I think this book will be of interest to SCAdians with early 16th-century
      personae because of the information about her daily life, inventories of
      possessions, and childhood as the daughter of a minor courtier. She was
      lady in waiting to every queen from Anne to Katherine Howard, being finally
      beheaded in 1542 for facilitating Katherine's extra-marital adventures.

      The review I read in the London Review of Books doesn't speak about
      illustrations, and the only version my local library has is the audio CD.

      I see several copies available from amazon.com starting at $14 for a used
      copy.

      --
      Kilian in Tucson

      60 is the youth of old age - Anne Morrow Lindbergh