OT -Looking to commission Cotehardie style dresses

  • Sarah
    Message 1 of 2 , May 29, 2008
      This is a post for a friend who is not in SCA. Her sister is getting
      married in February and would like to commission 3 dresses. She would
      like a dress based on cotehardie style but since this is more of a
      fantasy wedding than medieval that isn't the exact look.

      http://s82.photobucket.com/albums/j263/sstoval3/?action=view¤t=cotehardie.jpg

      "Plain colors, three gowns. Dove gray, lavender and wedgewood blue. No
      buttons or ornamentation on the front. White underdress/undersleeves
      (she'd prefer the gowns to be all one part with the undersleeves
      attached) and she wants the trailing part of the sleeve to be in some
      kind of organza or chiffon, something floaty and gauzy. She's going to
      have a gauzy silver cloak over her gown to look like frost, since it's
      a winter-theme wedding."

      "I'd prefer to see examples of the specific kind of dress I'm asking
      for, but any samples would do. If they're close enough for me to go
      SEE their work, that's even better."

      They are looking for someone in the DC metro area. Please remember
      this is a wedding so the work must be high quality. Please label
      emails Wedding Commission and address these to Anita at
      ladysion21@.... Thanks, Sarah
    • Joy
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 4 10:01 PM
        I have a friend who is a fantastic seamstress... her name is Daisy,
        and here is her webpage: http://www.faerie-queen.com/
        She does commission work...

        (Moderator note: please sign all posts to this list. Thank you, Despina)