Re: A bit off topic: Ireland trip

  • jubileel_insaneone
    Message 1 of 3 , May 17, 2008
      Hi Beth!
      If you have access to a rental car while you are there, I'd go to
      Bunratty. It's over near Shannon. Bunratty is a 11th c (I think?)
      castle with a 19th c folklife park right behind it. They do have a
      "medieval" dinner theater at Bunratty which was pretty entertaining.

      I'd also take a stop by the Aran Islands, which have some very nice
      sweaters. They also have a ton of truly ancient ruins and a few ruins
      of early medieval churches.

      Galway really "felt" like an Irish city. Dublin has more of your
      generic international feel. (At least to me.) I did like Dublin and
      there is plenty to see there but Galway just had a very different feel
      to it.

      -Isabella