Greating friends of Aethelmearc

  • Dan Christensen
    Message 1 of 1 , May 16, 2008
      Greating friends of Aethelmearc

      My name is Tryggvy Landstaker and I'm from across the known world in An Tir. I have a
      free weekly SCA podcast you can hear at http://lionsroad.org

      Our goal is to have a monthly focus on a Kingdoms. We are starting with Aethelmearc.
      This means that for an entire month part of each podcast will be given over to cover the
      history and facts of Aethelmearc.

      We will have four Podcast in Aethelmearc June
      Date Focus
      The 4th Kingdom Level History
      The 11th Branches
      The 18th People (Phone interviews)
      The 25th Events
      About 20-25% of the time will be focused on Aethelmearc

      Aethelmearc photo gallery will be added to web page

      So I'm asking for your help.

      Living in An Tir it is hard to get information on A Kingdom so far away. So I have done the
      best I can with the internet and now turn to you the people of Aethelmearic. Bellow is
      information I have collected so far about your kingdom but I know there is much more. If
      you have any correction or additions please let me know and I will make them. With your
      help we will be able to give the best presentation possible for Aethelmearc.

      I only ask
      1. Subject line start with AETHELMEARC So I can keep it all in order
      2. Please include your SCA Name and Branch Name for credit.

      Here is what I have so far.

      • Kingdom of Aethelmearc

      • Founded AS 32 (1997) September (Early in 1997 kingdom of Artemisia was formed as

      • The Fifteenth Kingdom

      • Founded from the Kingdom of the East

      • Monarchs sever for 6 months

      Aethelmearc started as principality of the east in 1989
      16 prince and Princess ruled 1 one lady protector

      What does Aethelmearc mean?

      Need Help on: Pennsic Treaty
      Pennsic treaty was signed because this great event had long been seen as the East
      Kingdom Vs The Midrealm the treaty now keeps it that way. Even if it is held in the
      Kingdom of Aethelmearc.

      Great Event: Festival of the Passing of the Ice Dragon
      which features an arts and sciences pentathlon competition,

      Myrkfaelinn, is this still an independent dominion of the SCA? Can some one fill me in on
      this story.

      Area covered West Virginia, Western & Central Pennsylvania, and Western & Central New

      Branches we have
      Barony 7
      Shires 14 + 4 Incipient
      1 Dominion?
      1 college
      6 Cantons
      1 Stronghold

      West Virginia
      Barony of Blackstone Mountain
      Shire of Misty Highlands
      Shire of Port Oasis
      Shire of Sylvan Glen

      Western, PA
      Barony-Marche of the Debatable Lands
      College of Cour d'Or
      Canton of Steltonwald
      Incipient Shire of Gryffon's Keep
      Shire of Hunter's Home
      Shire of Kings Crossing
      Incipient Shire of Riversedge
      Shire of Stormsport
      Shire of Sunderoak

      Eastern, PA
      Shire of Abhainn Chiach Ghlais
      Barony of Endless Hills
      Canton of Riverouge
      Shire of Hornwood
      Shire of Nithgaard
      Barony of St. Swithin's Bog
      Canton of Westland Mor

      Western, NY
      Shire of Hartstone
      Shire of Heronter
      Incipient Shire of Blackwater
      Barony of the Rhydderich Hael
      Canton of Beau Fleuve
      Canton of Winter's Edge
      Barony of Thescorre

      Eastern, NY
      Shire of Coppertree
      Incipient Shire of Courtlandtslot
      Barony of Delftwood
      Canton of Angel's Keep
      Dominion of Myrkfaelinn
      Shire of Sterlynge Vayle
      Incipient Stronghold of Wyntersett

      Banner is: Gules, an escarbuncle argent within a laurel wreath and in chief a coronet Or.

      Aethelmearc enjoys a very relaxed and hospitiable repution.

      Neighboring Kingdoms
      North you have Ealdomere
      On the East you have the East Kingdom
      To the west you have the Midrealm
      Atlantia to the south

      Recient Peers: say in the last three to four months

      Current Royal
      Their Sylvan majesties Khalek and Branwyn
      Their Royal Highnesses - Christopher Rawlyns and Morgen of Rye

      Great information for newcomers page:

      Large War groups/houses of distinction?

      Kingdom Specific Traditions, Names, Words,
      (Example: in An Tir the roped off area of a tournament field is called and Eric. This is
      because early on the first roped off field was red. The ropes were red and it was called Eric
      the Red.. this became just Eric.)

      Please feel free to add what you would like. We will try to work it all in. It's easy to collect
      data it's much harder to get show the heart of A Kingdom, with your help we can do so.

      Thank you for your help.