Re: Woodcuts

  • Rosie (aka Nawojka)
    Message 1 of 12 , May 3, 2008
      > For what are you planning to make woodcuts? A book? Fabric design?
      > special papers?
      >
      > Smiles,
      > Despina de la just curious

      Not sure actually! We have monthly themes for our A&S meetings. No one
      else follows them, but they are inspirational nonetheless :) This month
      is woodwork month, and there is a woodcut comp later in the year. So,
      knowing nothing at all about it, I thought I'd have a go
      :)
      Nawojka
    • Kareina Talvi Tytär
      Message 2 of 12 , May 3, 2008
        Nawojka wrote:

        >Not sure actually! We have monthly themes for our A&S meetings. No one
        >else follows them, but they are inspirational nonetheless :) This month
        >is woodwork month, and there is a woodcut comp later in the year. So,
        >knowing nothing at all about it, I thought I'd have a go
        >:)

        Oh, what a wonderful position to be in--by not having a specific goal
        in mind, you are free to let your research suggest a project, which
        will make writing up what you did for the competition ever so much
        easier, than if you made something, and then set out to find evidence
        that they made them like that in period. Good luck, and do please
        share with us what you opted to do, what your inspiration was, and
        why you choose to do it, once all that is revealed to you!

        --Kareina