- ... and bass playing, lemme know. If not, please ignore and continue along with the discussion. It s interestting/ ... Newp, sorry. I m lucky I can spellMessage 1 of 11 , Apr 30, 2008View Source--- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "asackville@..."
>and bass playing, lemme know. If not, please ignore and continue along
> If you're the Tasha I know from the Yar times in the way-back NGTrek
with the discussion. It's interestting/
> FionnualaNewp, sorry. I'm lucky I can spell bass, never mind playing one.
just an SCA name.
- There is a Portland in at least 12 states. Very surprising! PatriciaMessage 2 of 11 , May 3, 2008View SourceThere is a Portland in at least 12 states. Very surprising!
- My fiancée and I are making late 14th century style houppelandes (the high-necked style as seen in illustrations from the Romance of Alexander to theMessage 3 of 11 , May 3, 2008View SourceMy fiancée and I are making late 14th century
style houppelandes (the high-necked style as seen
in illustrations from the Romance of Alexander to
the Ellesmere Chaucer). Her's will likely be an
angel wing sleeve and long enough to pool on the
floor while mine will likely be a bag sleeve and
calf-length. Around what yardage of material am I
likely to need for these, based on modern 54"
wide upholstery fabrics?
"..Um..Something strange happened to me this morning."
"Was it a dream where you see yourself standing in sort
of Sun God robes on a pyramid with a thousand naked
women screaming and throwing little pickles at you?"
"Why am I the only person that has that dream?"
- snip* Hello, my name is Kayt, and I am a student at PCC.* Greetings Kayt~ Please do a search for SCA Newcomers and you will find the Newcomers group inMessage 4 of 11 , May 4, 2008View Sourcesnip* Hello, my name is Kayt, and I am a student at PCC.*
Please do a search for SCA Newcomers and you will find the Newcomers
group in Portland, OR, of which I am one of the moderators. In fact, my
son went to PCC. It's a nice campus and you'll like it.
Ok... you have m-a-n-y choices:
The Shire of Dragon's Mist (Washington County)
Chatelaine and Deputy Chatelaine: Alessandra and Matilda
Both are very sweet women and you will find them to be a fantastic help.
The Barony of Three Mountains (Multnomah County)
I know I am mis-spelling her Hungarian name and I apologize!
The Barony of Stromgard: Vancouver, WA
I do not know the name of the Chatelaine, but lady Gemma Northwode
abides in that Barony and is a veritble font of information and a total
sweetie as well.
There are at least 3 additional shires and baronies within a 40 minutes
drive, if they are not helpful (which I seriously doubt!!!)
The Newcomer's Yahoo Group also posts all the meetings, etc, so it's a
very good place to start.
Best wishes and happy eventing!
Beatriz de Chambery
- Actually Stromgard s chatelaine is new, and I m horrible with names. Here s the link for the local groups: http://www.stromgard.org/Message 5 of 11 , May 5, 2008View SourceActually Stromgard's chatelaine is new, and I'm horrible with names.
Here's the link for the local groups:
There you go. I hope that helps. :)
Barony of Stromgard
- On Mon, 05 May 2008 18:59:27 -0000 Jennifer MackayMessage 6 of 11 , May 5, 2008View SourceOn Mon, 05 May 2008 18:59:27 -0000 "Jennifer Mackay"
> Actually Stromgard's chatelaine is new, and I'm horrible with names.
> Here's the link for the local groups:
> There you go. I hope that helps. :)
> Gemma Northwode
> Barony of Stromgard