Re: College student seeking information regarding SCA

  • Nastasiia Ivanova Medvedeva
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 30, 2008
      --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "asackville@..."
      <asackville@...> wrote:

      > Tasha,
      >
      > If you're the Tasha I know from the Yar times in the way-back NGTrek
      and bass playing, lemme know. If not, please ignore and continue along
      with the discussion. It's interestting/
      > Fionnuala

      Newp, sorry. I'm lucky I can spell bass, never mind playing one.

      Tasha
      just an SCA name.
    • mumuk1
      Message 2 of 11 , May 3, 2008
        There is a Portland in at least 12 states. Very surprising!

        Patricia
      • Michael Hurley
        Message 3 of 11 , May 3, 2008
          My fiancée and I are making late 14th century
          style houppelandes (the high-necked style as seen
          in illustrations from the Romance of Alexander to
          the Ellesmere Chaucer). Her's will likely be an
          angel wing sleeve and long enough to pool on the
          floor while mine will likely be a bag sleeve and
          calf-length. Around what yardage of material am I
          likely to need for these, based on modern 54"
          wide upholstery fabrics?
          --
          Auf wiedersehen!
          Michael

          "..No."

          -Real Genius
        • avila629
          Message 4 of 11 , May 4, 2008
            snip* Hello, my name is Kayt, and I am a student at PCC.*

            Greetings Kayt~

            Please do a search for SCA Newcomers and you will find the Newcomers
            group in Portland, OR, of which I am one of the moderators. In fact, my
            son went to PCC. It's a nice campus and you'll like it.

            Ok... you have m-a-n-y choices:
            The Shire of Dragon's Mist (Washington County)
            Chatelaine and Deputy Chatelaine: Alessandra and Matilda
            Both are very sweet women and you will find them to be a fantastic help.
            The Barony of Three Mountains (Multnomah County)
            Chatelaine: Ezerbet
            I know I am mis-spelling her Hungarian name and I apologize!
            The Barony of Stromgard: Vancouver, WA
            I do not know the name of the Chatelaine, but lady Gemma Northwode
            abides in that Barony and is a veritble font of information and a total
            sweetie as well.
            There are at least 3 additional shires and baronies within a 40 minutes
            drive, if they are not helpful (which I seriously doubt!!!)

            The Newcomer's Yahoo Group also posts all the meetings, etc, so it's a
            very good place to start.

            Best wishes and happy eventing!

            Beatriz de Chambery
          • Jennifer Mackay
            Message 5 of 11 , May 5, 2008
              Actually Stromgard's chatelaine is new, and I'm horrible with names.

              Here's the link for the local groups:

              http://www.stromgard.org/

              http://www.currentmiddleages.org/3m/index.php

              http://www.dragonsmist.org/