Re: Bias-cut plaid cote

  • Karen J. Park
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 21, 2008
      --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, kittencat3@... wrote:

      > I'm pretty sure there are some Spanish dresses
      > that fit the bill as well but am not sure...
      >
      > sarah davies

      Are these the Spanish dresses you are thinking of?

      http://www.jessamynscloset.com/plaid.html

      Spain did that weird parti-colored cote that is solid on one side and
      bias-cut plaid on the other. But, that webpage also shows just some
      plain plaids, too, that might be what you are thinking of. I didn't
      see the red and blue that the original poster asked about though.

      There is also a short blog/picture from someone who has recreated the
      Spanish cote. It can be found at:

      http://silverstah.blogspot.com/2007/06/super-awesome-bias-cut-plaid-
      cotehardie.html

      I hope that helps a little.