Bias-cut plaid cote

  • collette_de_paris
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 20 3:04 PM
      Greetings :) I am looking for documentation on a bias-cut plaid
      cotehardie. I know I have seen a few pictures, and the particular one
      I am thinking of is a woman standing, wearing a blue and red bias-cut
      plaid cote. I would love to make one and document it... but I can't
      find the picture. Anyone know which pic I am talking about and where
      to find it?

      Thanks for your help!!
      ~Collette
    • kittencat3@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 20 7:07 PM
        There are a couple of plaid dresses like this in the frescoes in the
        Basilica of St. Francis of Assisi. I'm pretty sure there are some Spanish dresses
        that fit the bill as well but am not sure...

        sarah davies

        listings at AOL Autos.

      • Karen J. Park
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 21 6:30 AM
          --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, kittencat3@... wrote:

          > I'm pretty sure there are some Spanish dresses
          > that fit the bill as well but am not sure...
          >
          > sarah davies

          Are these the Spanish dresses you are thinking of?

          http://www.jessamynscloset.com/plaid.html

          Spain did that weird parti-colored cote that is solid on one side and
          bias-cut plaid on the other. But, that webpage also shows just some
          plain plaids, too, that might be what you are thinking of. I didn't
          see the red and blue that the original poster asked about though.

          There is also a short blog/picture from someone who has recreated the
          Spanish cote. It can be found at:

          http://silverstah.blogspot.com/2007/06/super-awesome-bias-cut-plaid-
          cotehardie.html

          I hope that helps a little.