Duck sundial

  • quokkaqueen
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 20, 2008
      Hi all,
      I noticed there is a very sweet-looking duck-shaped sundial in the
      files section of this yahoo group
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Authentic_SCA/files/Sundials/duckdial.jpg

      And have searched the archives, but can't find any bibliographic
      reference to where the scanned in photo is from. Does anyone know?

      In general, is there any further information available about this
      particular dial? It seems unusual because it isn't the normal,
      rectangular shape of a diptych dial, but then again there is an oval
      one from the Museum of the History of Science which shows it isn't
      entirely unknown.
      http://www.mhs.ox.ac.uk/epact/catalogue.php?ENumber=31425
      (Inventory no. 47472)

      Any information would be appreciated,
      ~Asfridhr
    • Amy Heilveil
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 20, 2008
        > And have searched the archives, but can't find any bibliographic
        > reference to where the scanned in photo is from. Does anyone know?

        I believe the photo would have been scanned and put into the files by
        Elias Gedney...... Elias? You out there?

        Smiles,
        Despina de la it's a really cute ducky
      • gedney@OPTONLINE.NET
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 21, 2008
          nope...
          not me

          First I've seen of that particular one...
          is ther a date attestation for it? I'll search for it.

          Capt Elias

          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 23, 2008
            According to message
            http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Authentic_SCA/message/27543

            File : /Sundials/duckdial.jpg
            Uploaded by : gatan_oz <gatan_oz@...>
            Description : 16th century duckdial

            So, it'd be Catalina de Gata we'd be looking for. But it seems she
            hasn't posted anything since 2006.

            The more I look at that photo, the more I want to buy a rubber ducky
            and make a sundial out of it. But it might frighten children... ;)

            ~Asfridhr
            --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, gedney@... wrote:

            > nope...
            > not me
            >
            > First I've seen of that particular one...
            > is ther a date attestation for it? I'll search for it.
            >
            > Capt Elias
            <<snip>>