Re: Gypsy Caravans

  • Maxamillan Wolfram von Schleuter
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 21, 2008
      The Tumble weeds site is good for late 18th cntury to 20th century
      Vardos, but for "perod" plans you would be best to look at a standard
      Millitary central European Wagon. The Type with outrigger wheel
      supports and cloth cover (not too distant from the Conastoga wagon of
      the American early west).

      Maks
    • ren_junkie
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 21, 2008
        I've been rather obsessed with this for several years now.

        Try this site:

        http://www.enslin.com/rae/gypsy/camps.htm

        Or, I can build you one. You'd have to provide the metal trailer , but
        I can take it from there.

        Good luck.

        Christopher
      • Shari Caffey
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 22, 2008
          Thanks

          Elspeth

          mamluk <mamluk@...> wrote:
          MODERATOR NOTE: As a courtesy to our many members who receive this list in digest form, we ask that you not top post. Please trim all text that does not require repetition. Thank you. Jehanne de Wodeford, Pacific Time Zone Moderator.
        • Shari Caffey
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 22, 2008
            I've been parusing that site alot lately as well, and I love the sites it gives. So many wonderful caravans to look at. I can't wait to get going on it!

            Elspeth

            ren_junkie <ren_junkie@...> wrote:
            I've been rather obsessed with this for several years now.

            Try this site:

            http://www.enslin.com/rae/gypsy/camps.htm

            Or, I can build you one. You'd have to provide the metal trailer , but
            I can take it from there.

            Good luck.

            Christopher

            Shari Caffey
            Paiten
            Elspeth MacGregor O.J.R.

            For once you have tasted flight, you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you long to return.

            -Leonardo DaVinci