Gypsy Caravans

  • Shari
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 19, 2008
      Does anyone have one and do you use it for events? If so did you build
      it yourself? Do you have pics? What style did you choose? To put it
      bluntly I'd love to see them and get all info available! :)

      Thanks

      Elsepth
    • mamluk
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 20, 2008
        MODERATOR NOTE: As a courtesy to our many members who receive this list in digest form, we ask that you not top post. Please trim all text that does not require repetition. Thank you. Jehanne de Wodeford, Pacific Time Zone Moderator.

        (Message order reversed and edited)

        --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "Shari" <shariakapaiten@...>
        wrote:

        > Does anyone have one and do you use it for events? If so did you
        > build it yourself? Do you have pics? What style did you choose? To > put it bluntly I'd love to see them and get all info available! :)

        I do not have one myself, but this is something you might want to
        check out. www.tumbleweedhouses.com this fellow offers plans for
        one called the Vardo. Its a 40 sq. foot gypsy caravan. Its no
        longer featured on the website, I think you have to buy his book to
        get the plans, but it is the first plan in the book. Its quite
        interesting and has some neat features. I became interested in his
        work for small green houseplans, and ran across the Vardo. I don't
        know how period it is, but its worth looking at.

        Nicolas
      • Maxamillan Wolfram von Schleuter
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 21, 2008
          The Tumble weeds site is good for late 18th cntury to 20th century
          Vardos, but for "perod" plans you would be best to look at a standard
          Millitary central European Wagon. The Type with outrigger wheel
          supports and cloth cover (not too distant from the Conastoga wagon of
          the American early west).

          Maks
        • ren_junkie
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 21, 2008
            I've been rather obsessed with this for several years now.

            Try this site:

            http://www.enslin.com/rae/gypsy/camps.htm

            Or, I can build you one. You'd have to provide the metal trailer , but
            I can take it from there.

            Good luck.

            Christopher
          • Shari Caffey
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 22, 2008
              Thanks

              Elspeth

              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 22, 2008
                I've been parusing that site alot lately as well, and I love the sites it gives. So many wonderful caravans to look at. I can't wait to get going on it!

                Elspeth

                ren_junkie <ren_junkie@...> wrote:
                I've been rather obsessed with this for several years now.

                Try this site:

                http://www.enslin.com/rae/gypsy/camps.htm

                Or, I can build you one. You'd have to provide the metal trailer , but
                I can take it from there.

                Good luck.

                Christopher

                Shari Caffey
                Paiten
                Elspeth MacGregor O.J.R.

                For once you have tasted flight, you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you long to return.

                -Leonardo DaVinci