RE: [Authentic_SCA] Magna Carta on Display

  • jtstewart@westnet.com.au
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 13, 2008
      In the Australian Parliament House there is a 1297 copy of the Magna
      Carta by Edward I on permanent display.
      Just like the one sold the other day.
      See
      http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/cutprice-parchment/2006/01/03/1136
      050442558.html For a photo of the Australian one. And
      http://www.aph.gov.au/senate/pubs/occa_lect/flyers/171097.htm For
      more details.

      The Magna Carta is a live document in Australia and is still
      occasionally called upon in our courts.
      Whenever I am in the Parliament House (maybe once or twice a year) I
      make a point of visiting it.
      So if you happen to be visiting Politarchopolis in the Kingdom of
      Lochac make sure you stop by and see it.
      Cheers
      John of the Hills