This just in...

  • henrikofhavn
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 10, 2008
      In case you havn't seen this, I just got it from another group I'm in.
      see below.

      Henrik of Havn, West Kingdom.

      ----------------

      NEWSLETTER FOR ARCHAEOLOGICAL TEXTILES. Ulla Mannering of the Centre
      for Textile Research in Copenhagen sends this notice: As of 2008,
      Archaeological Textiles Newsletter (ATN) is being published by the
      newly established Friends of Archaeological Textiles Newsletter and
      edited at the Centre for Textile Research. ATN is a twice-yearly
      publication focusing on textiles found in archaeological contexts
      dating from the prehistoric to the modern age. Geographically, ATN
      concerns itself mainly with the Old World textiles (from Western
      Europe to Japan) but New World textiles may be included if deemed
      relevant. ATN began publication in 1985 to provide a medium for
      discussion, interaction, and exchange of information between
      archaeologists, conservators, historians, art historians, biologists,
      chemists, geologists, and craftspeople who have archaeological
      textiles at the core of their interests. Over the years, ATN has
      moved from an informational service to become an important venue for
      publication of important scientific articles. It also includes notes
      and queries, reviews, resources, and conference and event
      announcements. To subscribe, visit http://www.atnfriends.com . BAYEUX
      TAPESTRY CONFERENCE. The British Museum is sponsoring a conference
      called "The BT@ the BM: New Research on the Bayeux Tapestry" on July
      15-16, 2008. The conference seeks to highlight recent and new
      research on the Tapestry, and to disseminate those findings to a
      wider audience, in the hope of furthering discussion, debate, and the
      sharing of ideas about this unique textile. Conference fee is £10 for
      one day or £15 for both days. For details, contact Dr. Michael Lewis,
      Department of Portable Antiquities & Treasure, British Museum,
      London, WC1B 3DG; e-mail mlewis@... ; tel: (0044)
      020 7323 8611.