Re: [Authentic_SCA] Re: table carpet

  • Cynthia J Ley
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 3, 2008
      I hunted in a lot of places--basically every embroidery book I could lay
      my little paws on. Most useful was John L. Nevinson's _Catalogue of
      English Domestic Embroidery of the Sixteenth and Seventeenth Centuries_.
      London: Victoria and Albert department of Textiles, 1938; Chapter I.

      Some books to look for:

      Beck, Thomasina. The Embroiderer's Story, 1995.
      Benn, Elizabeth, ed. Treasures From the Embroiderer's Guild Collection,
      1991.
      Christie, Grace. Embroidery and Tapestry Weaving, 1928.
      Digby, George Wingfield. Elizabethan Embroidery, 1963.
      Jourdain, M. History of English Secular Embroider, 1912.
      Swain, Margaret. Scottish Embroidery: Medieval to Modern.

      Search engines: Google is your friend.

      Arlys