Re: [Authentic_SCA] Bookbinder sought.

  • bronwynmgn@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 1, 2008
      In a message dated 3/1/2008 4:40:26 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com writes:

      <<In our 3 years attending SCA events in Insulæ Draconis, travelling
      across the Channel from our little Island, - we haven't met anyone yet
      for whom bookbinding is a chosen skill within the Society.>>

      I do not know much about bookbinding personally, but I do know someone who
      knows more about it than I do. Or at least limp bindings. However, I don't
      know if limp bindings are appropriate for 15th century. If they are, I can at
      least get you in contact with someone whose Laurel does limp binding. The
      person is here in the US, but might have contacts for someone in the UK or at
      least in Europe.

      Brangwayna Morgan

      2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)
    • kittencat3@aol.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 1, 2008
        Baron Lyle FitzWilliam received his Laurel for bookbinding two years ago.  I believe he's on this list, actually...Lyle?

        Sarah Davies

        In a message dated 3/1/2008 4:40:26 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
        Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com writes:

        <<In our 3 years attending SCA events in Insulæ Draconis, travelling
        across the Channel from our little Island, - we haven't met anyone yet
        for whom bookbinding is a chosen skill within the Society.>>

        I do not know much about bookbinding personally, but I do know someone who
        knows more about it than I do. Or at least limp bindings. However, I don't
        know if limp bindings are appropriate for 15th century. If they are, I can at
        least get you in contact with someone whose Laurel does limp binding. The
        person is here in the US, but might have contacts for someone in the UK or at
        least in Europe.

        Brangwayna Morgan

        2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)

      • Natasha Laity Snyder
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 2, 2008
          Lady Gwerfyl verch Aneirin, the Chronicler and Royal Scrivener of
          Atlantia is a bookbinder.

          Natasha Laity Snyder

          Lady Tangwystel vyrgh Gwethenek
          Chronicler
          Barony of Black Diamond

          Argent, a popinjay displayed and on a bordure vert an orle of vine
          argent

        • bec_tonkin
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 5, 2008
            --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, julian wilson <smnco37@...> wrote:
            > Finding the Book of Hours was pure serendipity - i'd been thinking
            about getting my wife a replica medieval prayer book of some kind or a
            replica early Bible, for some time; - and someone sent me a URL which
            connected me to an e-bay auction which had a "Buy It Now" tag - I
            thought the price was reasonable for my Lady's present, - so that's
            what I did.

            Sweet! I shall have to keep an eye on e-bay more.
            Thanks, and hope you're able to get it bound the way you want it.
            Rebecca