Re: reproduction period keys

  • Maxamillan Wolfram von Schleuter
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 12, 2008
      Wal-mart does two types of skeleton key that are good for 1550 onwards
      at about 99 cents.

      Maks
    • Labhaoise O'Beachain
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 12, 2008
        Maybe from a distance... but they aren't even up with the 1850s keys
        for my house.

        On that note however, lots of the old hardware stores sell keys for
        those of us with the locks that match. Also, one of the online
        restoration companies (Restoration Hardware, I think) sells a great
        big ring of samples for REALLY CHEAP for those of us who don't know
        quite what key we need!

        I couldn't find the one I bought but, it was easy to find these...

        http://www.kennedyhardware.com/KY-10S-Key-Set-p-16136.html

        Labhaoise

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 13, 2008
          (Moderator note: Please do not top-post to this list. Thank you. Despina)

          Well no, the gold effect one is exactly the same as an Italian "box"
          key from 1558.

          Maks