Re: reproduction period keys

  • quokkaqueen
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 11, 2008
      Museum Reproductions does a nice, Saxon-era key for a reasonable price.
      http://www.museumreproductions.co.uk/saxon.htm
      They also have later keys
      http://www.museumreproductions.co.uk/medieval.htm

      Pewter Replicas has 15th century keys
      http://www.pewterreplicas.com/dept.asp?id=33

      You didn't say what sort of era or style of key you were looking for.
      I had to resist the urge to post lots of links and pictures of
      Viking-era keys. :)

      ~Asfridhr

      --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, julian wilson <smnco37@...> <<snip>>
      > does anybody know of a place that sells reproduction keys?
      <<snip>>
    • Maxamillan Wolfram von Schleuter
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 12, 2008
        Wal-mart does two types of skeleton key that are good for 1550 onwards
        at about 99 cents.

        Maks
      • Labhaoise O'Beachain
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 12, 2008
          Maybe from a distance... but they aren't even up with the 1850s keys
          for my house.

          On that note however, lots of the old hardware stores sell keys for
          those of us with the locks that match. Also, one of the online
          restoration companies (Restoration Hardware, I think) sells a great
          big ring of samples for REALLY CHEAP for those of us who don't know
          quite what key we need!

          I couldn't find the one I bought but, it was easy to find these...

          http://www.kennedyhardware.com/KY-10S-Key-Set-p-16136.html

          Labhaoise

          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 13, 2008
            (Moderator note: Please do not top-post to this list. Thank you. Despina)

            Well no, the gold effect one is exactly the same as an Italian "box"
            key from 1558.

            Maks