Greetings and a question

  • Claire
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 15, 2008
      Goddaeg!
      Hello, my name is Clare de Norwude, I started out interested in the
      Stephen and Maud period and a little later, but have since regressed
      to pre-conquest Anglo-Saxon. My interests in authenticity include
      language (I have a degree in linguistics and specialize in the history
      of English), food, "popular" religion, and early period costuming.
      That being said, I like to dabble, and when I dabble I like to get
      things right. This brings me to my question, for a friend's birthday
      I made her a late 14th Century fitted dress and now I need a hat. As
      coronet is this weekend, I'm getting the feeling that a full on set of
      cauls is not going to work so I went looking and found the brass of
      Thomas de Beauchamp, Earl of Warwick, 1401, and his wife.
      (http://www.forest.gen.nz/Medieval/articles/surcotes/heraldicsurcotes.html)
      Now granted this is a little later than I would like, but it looks
      like something my friend could easily take off if it started to get on
      her nerves and something I could make in an afternoon or less. If
      anyone has an idea for how to make one of these or if you have a
      better idea, would you please email me off list? (clairemargery at gmail)
      gethonce thu,
      Clare