Re: Peacock cloak

  • squire009
    Message 1 of 36 , Jan 10, 2008
      --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "wodeford" <wodeford@...> wrote:

      > --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, The Dark Lady
      > <dark_lady_of_the_sidhe@> wrote:
      >
      > > A friend of mine wants me to make him a cloak of
      > > peacock feathers. He swears that Elizabeth I had one,
      > > but I am coming up entirely empty on my searches.
      > > Anyone know about this cloak? Or any peacock cloak for
      > > that matter?
      >
      > I honestly don't know, however, this may be of interest:
      > http://history.westkingdom.org/Year23/Photos/COT07.htm
      >
      > The shire of Caldarium in the West Kingdom calls their local branch
      > herald the Peacock Pursuivant and evidently this thing is part of
      > their regalia.
      >
      > Jehanne de Wodeford

      Look a zombie topic!!! ;)

      The St Louis Art Museum has a painting (Cranach, Lucas, the Elder
      (1472-1553)The Judgement of Paris. 1530 oil and tempera on panel,
      50.8 x 36.4 cm.) with Hermes almost clothed with peacock feathers.

      http://pictopia.com/perl/get_image?
      provider_id=207&size=550x550_mb&ptp_photo_id=146475

      Alcyoneus
    • squire009
      Message 36 of 36 , Jan 10, 2008