RE: [Authentic_SCA] Safety Re:New Guy on the Block

  • Rob Lewis
    Message 1 of 17 , Jan 2, 2008
      At Estrella it has been the rule there must be a fire extinguisher VISIBLE
      outside of each tent. When we were still at Estrella Mountain Park, I
      believe that was the Autocrats interpretation of the local Fire Marshalls
      ruling, and theoretically they did come out to do spot checks on some of the
      camps. Now that we are at a festival campground, I don't know if the
      autocrats are just keeping this as part of the site rules, or if it is
      imposed by the site owner, or even the local Fire Marshall (completely
      different person from the other site, at least 90 miles between sites and
      they are in different counties.)

      I think they MIGHT be willing to allow a LARGE bucket of sand to replace an
      extinguisher, but having heard the "discussion" between the person in charge
      of the period camping area and someone representing the Autocrats discuss
      this 4 or 5 years ago, I can't be positive.

      Ivan Kosinski
      College of Brymstonne
      Atenveldt

      MKA Rob Lewis