spain and the moors

  • demelzamenfrey
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 2, 2008
      our local group will be hosting a "spain meets the moors" event this
      summer. i would like to make a dress for the event that would reflect
      that time frame. can anyone help me or send me a website location that
      will help. thanks.:)
    • Greg Lindahl
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 2, 2008
        On Wed, Jan 02, 2008 at 04:45:07PM -0000, demelzamenfrey wrote:

        > our local group will be hosting a "spain meets the moors" event this
        > summer. i would like to make a dress for the event that would reflect
        > that time frame. can anyone help me or send me a website location that
        > will help. thanks.:)

        The Cantigas de Santa Maria has lots of images of clothing, although
        it can be a bit difficult to tell the men from the women:

        http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/cantigas/

        -- Gregory
      • paula smead
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 3, 2008
          MODERATOR NOTE, As a courtesy to our members who receive their list mail in digest form, we ask that you not top post. Please trim any portion of previous posts that do not require repetition. Thank you. Jehanne de Wodeford, Pacific Time Zone Moderator.
          (Message order reversed and edited)

          Greg Lindahl <lindahl@...> wrote: On Wed, Jan 02, 2008 at 04:45:07PM -0000, demelzamenfrey wrote:

          The Cantigas de Santa Maria has lots of images of clothing, although
          it can be a bit difficult to tell the men from the women:

          http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/cantigas/

          thanks for your help. :)