Re: Images of Spanish and Italian Doublets in 15th and 16th Century

  • borderlands15213
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 6, 2007
      --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "ctr2961" <rcrisco@...> wrote:

      > Does anyone knows where I can find images of Spanish and Italian
      > Doublets in 15th and 16th Century? I been going online and finding
      > patterns and costumes, but I really would like to see comparison of
      > doublets in the patterns and images from paintings and plates.

      Robert,
      Are you familiar with the Web Gallery of Art?
      www.wga.hu

      Click on "Enter."
      Then, at the top of the screen, select "Search."
      More or less in the middle of the new screen, enter only four pieces
      of information:
      Time-Line (select from 50-year increments)
      School (country)
      Form (painting, sculpture, etc. In your case, painting)
      Type (portrait, landscape, religious, etc.)

      You do have to repeat searches, of course, for any change in any one
      field.

      Yseult the Gentle