Images of Spanish and Italian Doublets in 15th and 16th Century

  • ctr2961
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 5, 2007
      Does anyone knows where I can find images of Spanish and Italian
      Doublets in 15th and 16th Century? I been going online and finding
      patterns and costumes, but I really would like to see comparison of
      doublets in the patterns and images from paintings and plates.

      Robert
    • borderlands15213
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 6, 2007
        --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "ctr2961" <rcrisco@...> wrote:

        > Does anyone knows where I can find images of Spanish and Italian
        > Doublets in 15th and 16th Century? I been going online and finding
        > patterns and costumes, but I really would like to see comparison of
        > doublets in the patterns and images from paintings and plates.

        Robert,
        Are you familiar with the Web Gallery of Art?
        www.wga.hu

        Click on "Enter."
        Then, at the top of the screen, select "Search."
        More or less in the middle of the new screen, enter only four pieces
        of information:
        Time-Line (select from 50-year increments)
        School (country)
        Form (painting, sculpture, etc. In your case, painting)
        Type (portrait, landscape, religious, etc.)

        You do have to repeat searches, of course, for any change in any one
        field.

        Yseult the Gentle