Re: Working on Persona and Garb

  • squire009
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 5, 2007
      --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "ctr2961" <rcrisco@...> wrote:
      > I would like to find any picture of doublets that comes with half
      > capes(cloaks). I am unsure if the half cape(cloak) is period. If
      > so, what time period or area comes from?
      >
      > I am looking for plates(period pictures) of doublets and fencers of
      > the time period.
      >
      > Robert

      You can find half capes in late 16thC Spain. I'll look for the
      reference later tonight, since the book is at home. ;)

      Alcyoneus
    • chimeralife
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 23, 2007
        > I would like to find any picture of doublets that comes with half
        > capes(cloaks). I am unsure if the half cape(cloak) is period. If
        > so, what time period or area comes from?

        I know whenever I think of the half-cape late 16th century French comes
        to mind. Also the Italians at the same time, I believe.

        http://www.siue.edu/COSTUMES/history.html

        That is the history of costume online site. I find it a great 'first-
        look' at different styles and different times. Which helps me point in
        the right direction for further study.

        Tiece