Re: Working on Persona and Garb

  • ctr2961
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 4, 2007
      My wife and I are confused about the time period and what is period
      and not. So my wife suggest we work on my garb first since it is
      closer to period.

      I would like to find any picture of doublets that comes with half
      capes(cloaks). I am unsure if the half cape(cloak) is period. If
      so, what time period or area comes from?

      I am looking for plates(period pictures) of doublets and fencers of
      the time period.

      Robert
    • squire009
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 5, 2007
        --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "ctr2961" <rcrisco@...> wrote:
        > I would like to find any picture of doublets that comes with half
        > capes(cloaks). I am unsure if the half cape(cloak) is period. If
        > so, what time period or area comes from?
        >
        > I am looking for plates(period pictures) of doublets and fencers of
        > the time period.
        >
        > Robert

        You can find half capes in late 16thC Spain. I'll look for the
        reference later tonight, since the book is at home. ;)

        Alcyoneus
      • squire009
        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 5, 2007
          --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "ctr2961" <rcrisco@...> wrote:
          > I would like to find any picture of doublets that comes with half
          > capes(cloaks). I am unsure if the half cape(cloak) is period. If
          > so, what time period or area comes from?
          >
          > I am looking for plates(period pictures) of doublets and fencers of
          > the time period.
          >
          > Robert

          You can find half capes in late 16thC Spain. I'll look for the
          reference later tonight, since the book is at home. ;)

          Alcyoneus
        • chimeralife
          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 23, 2007
            > I would like to find any picture of doublets that comes with half
            > capes(cloaks). I am unsure if the half cape(cloak) is period. If
            > so, what time period or area comes from?

            I know whenever I think of the half-cape late 16th century French comes
            to mind. Also the Italians at the same time, I believe.

            http://www.siue.edu/COSTUMES/history.html

            That is the history of costume online site. I find it a great 'first-
            look' at different styles and different times. Which helps me point in
            the right direction for further study.

            Tiece