Question about cosmetics

  • tigurgurl03
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 29, 2007
      M'lords and ladies,

      Could anyone point me in the direction of research of Middle Eastern
      cosmetics? I'm looking for how they were made, what was used where, and
      any influences on other cultures. If you can point in the directions of
      books or website I would be most grateful. I use the phrase Middle
      Eastern as I am looking to cover those cultures that are generally
      thought of as Middle Eastern in the society.

      Thank you all in advance for your assistance.

      Catherine Vallemont
    • Jennifer Mackay
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 29, 2007
        The Artifice of Beauty: A History and Practical Guide to Perfumes and
        Cosmetics (Hardcover)
        by Sally Pointer (Author)

        Try that book. I think you could see if the library has it. Amazon.com
        carries it. I can't swear it covers the Arab culture specifically,
        although it is a history of cosmetics, so worth a further look.

        Gemma Northwode