Re: Reenactors wanted for Authenticity-oriented 14th century Living History Group

  • Elutria
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 18, 2007
      MODERATOR NOTE - I am leaving the body of your message as you wrote it so you can see what top-posting is. We ask that people not do it on this list as it is far too easy to forget to edit any of the previous message that does not require repeating. By moving your cursor, you can intersperse your comments with those in a previous message - or delete bits that don't need to be repeated. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions. Jehanne de Wodeford, Pacific Time Zone Moderator

      Oops! I think I faux pas-ed. I don't know what "top post" means.
      Somebody please clue me so I won't do it anymore.

      Thanks,
      Lulu

      --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "Elutria" <elutria@...> wrote:

      > MODERATOR NOTE - Please be courteous to the other members of this
      [Jehanne go blah......]
    • Kathryn Ballard
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 18, 2007
        (Moderator note: please also change subject lines when the topic changes. Thank you, Despina who changed the subject line on this message)

        I had to ask as well -- "top post" on this list means --> do not include
        the original message in its entirety -- do not add your message at the top
        of the entire message you are responding to. You may however single out a
        bit of the post if you are making a point in direct relation to that part.

        Kathryn
        "top post"ing must be a regional computer term as it is not a computer term
        I ever learned about either until I joined this list.............. even
        being in the computer field for 30 years and being the owner of other Yahoo
        group lists.
      • John Groseclose
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 19, 2007
          At 6:22 PM -0700 11/18/07, Kathryn Ballard wrote:

          >"top post"ing must be a regional computer term as it is not a computer term
          >I ever learned about either until I joined this list.............. even
          >being in the computer field for 30 years and being the owner of other Yahoo
          >group lists.

          The first mention of "top posting" being bad that I can recall was in
          1981, on a local non-internet BBS that I was administering at the
          time.

          Iain
          --
          Inter spem curamque, timores inter et iras
          Omnem crede diem tibi diluxisse supremum: