Reenactors wanted for Authenticity-oriented 14th century Living History Group

  • Jacques De Ghistelles
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 14, 2007
      We are currently starting a new Living History Group located in
      Louisiana.

      La Compagnie de Godeleva is a fictional 14th Century living history
      group that portrays an indentured Flemish headless company in the paid
      service of Louis II, Count of Flanders, Nevers, and Rethel whose father
      was killed at the battle of Crecy in 1346.

      We are interested in creating as accurate a portrayal of mid-14th
      century camp life as is possible. Archers, Early Gonner's, billet men,
      and camp followers are welcome. We will be a live steel living history
      group and will use wooden wasters as practive weapons.

      If interested, please contact our Captain at: quartermaster@...
      Medieval Enthesiats from other groups welcome.

      Our Website is:
      http://www.godeleva.org/
    • Frederick
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 15, 2007
        Hello,

        I'd really love to join, but I live in Connecticut.

        ~Galmr~
      • JL Badgley
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 16, 2007
          On Nov 14, 2007 11:34 AM, Jacques De Ghistelles
          <education@...> wrote:

          > We are currently starting a new Living History Group located in
          > Louisiana.
          >
          > La Compagnie de Godeleva is a fictional 14th Century living history
          > group that portrays an indentured Flemish headless company in the paid
          > service of Louis II, Count of Flanders, Nevers, and Rethel whose father
          > was killed at the battle of Crecy in 1346.

          Congratulations and good luck. I'm always pleased to hear when people
          are able to get a focused group together for their interest. I wish
          you the best in your endeavor.

          -Ii
        • Elutria
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 17, 2007
            MODERATOR NOTE - Please be courteous to the other members of this very large, very active board. Sign your posts so we know who we are communicating with and please do not top post and repeat entire messages that do not require repeating. Thank you. Jehanne de Wodeford, Pacific Time Zone Moderator.

            [Message order below reversed and trimmed]

            --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "Jacques De Ghistelles"
            <education@...> wrote:

            > We are currently starting a new Living History Group located in
            > Louisiana.

            Wherebouts are y'all located?
          • wodeford
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 17, 2007
              --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "Elutria" <elutria@...> wrote:
              > Wherebouts are y'all located?

              http://www.godeleva.org/about.htm says they are based in Lafayette,
              Louisiana.

              Jehanne de Wodeford
              West Kingdom
            • Elutria
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 18, 2007
                MODERATOR NOTE - I am leaving the body of your message as you wrote it so you can see what top-posting is. We ask that people not do it on this list as it is far too easy to forget to edit any of the previous message that does not require repeating. By moving your cursor, you can intersperse your comments with those in a previous message - or delete bits that don't need to be repeated. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions. Jehanne de Wodeford, Pacific Time Zone Moderator

                Oops! I think I faux pas-ed. I don't know what "top post" means.
                Somebody please clue me so I won't do it anymore.

                Thanks,
                Lulu

                --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "Elutria" <elutria@...> wrote:

                > MODERATOR NOTE - Please be courteous to the other members of this
                [Jehanne go blah......]
              • Kathryn Ballard
                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 18, 2007
                  (Moderator note: please also change subject lines when the topic changes. Thank you, Despina who changed the subject line on this message)

                  I had to ask as well -- "top post" on this list means --> do not include
                  the original message in its entirety -- do not add your message at the top
                  of the entire message you are responding to. You may however single out a
                  bit of the post if you are making a point in direct relation to that part.

                  Kathryn
                  "top post"ing must be a regional computer term as it is not a computer term
                  I ever learned about either until I joined this list.............. even
                  being in the computer field for 30 years and being the owner of other Yahoo
                  group lists.
                • John Groseclose
                  Message 8 of 8 , Nov 19, 2007
                    At 6:22 PM -0700 11/18/07, Kathryn Ballard wrote:

                    >"top post"ing must be a regional computer term as it is not a computer term
                    >I ever learned about either until I joined this list.............. even
                    >being in the computer field for 30 years and being the owner of other Yahoo
                    >group lists.

                    The first mention of "top posting" being bad that I can recall was in
                    1981, on a local non-internet BBS that I was administering at the
                    time.

                    Iain
                    --
                    Inter spem curamque, timores inter et iras
                    Omnem crede diem tibi diluxisse supremum: