Hello

  • Ditto DaDa
    Message 1 of 169 , Nov 8, 2007
      Im new here and new to the SCA, Im working on a personia and well I just want to say Hi and thank you for letting me join. Im hoping that I can learn

      (MODERATOR NOTE: PLEASE SIGN ALL POSTS TO THIS LIST. THANK YOU! )
    • julian wilson
      Message 169 of 169 , Sep 20, 2008
        --- On Fri, 19/9/08, Justin Stephen Caradoc <dryztdur69@...> wrote:
        QUOTE >Thank you both of you I will do just that. I realy appreciate the
        thanks< ENDS

        ADDITIONAL REPLY
        Good my Lord Caradoc,
        One also forgot to mention the excellent "historically-themed" publications of Osprey Books.

        Therein shall you find at least four books which cover the period which now interests you. Their "Men-at-Arms" Series #50 & #399 are good examples, and I am sure there are at least another two relevant books in their "Warrior" Series.
        These Osprey Publications books are excellent value for the [little] money they cost compared with the "concentrated & distilled" data they provide.

        And they are copiously illustrated by some of the world's "accuracy-leading" illustrators of historical themes, - amongst them Gerry Embleton [who also rides with the famous UK-based Tourney group "Destrier"], Graham Turner, and the two renowned Artists [ and living history enthusiasts whom Peter Jackson commissioned to oversee all the design work on his Lord of The Rings trilogy.
        Sadly both of their names escape me for the moment, - but one - (Alan Howe?) is a longtime Member of the famous "Company of Saynt George" - a 15th century living-history group which has long "set the standards" which other living history groups try to emulate.

        As does the Saxon & Norman "Regia Anglorum" group for the period which expecially interests you.

        Oh, and BTW, the "Company of Saynt George" has - at their website - an excellent and informative on-line List of Merchants they are happy to use and recommend for the historic quality of their products in various "in-period" Crafts.

        I hope these additional suggestions will also be of use to you.

        In Service to The Dream,
        Matthew Baker
        dwelling [rather isolatedly] in the Anglo-Norman Isles