new member with a question

  • sheaailidh
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 7, 2007
      i have been trying and trying to find a good pattern for a court Tudor
      dress (Anne Boleyn style-ish). but most of what i find is
      Eliabethan....and they are similar, but i want a pattern that i can
      follow easily cause it is my first time making this and i am farily
      new at sewing!!!! (taught myself most of what i know)
      and i also would like to make this dress out of emerald green
      satin....just double checking, but is that period???
      and i want fur on the sleeves, but i am not sure what to use or where
      to get it
      any help at all is much appreciated!!!
      Electra
    • JL Badgley
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 7, 2007
        On Nov 7, 2007 1:23 PM, sheaailidh <sheaailidh@...> wrote:

        > i have been trying and trying to find a good pattern for a court Tudor
        > dress (Anne Boleyn style-ish). but most of what i find is
        > Eliabethan....and they are similar, but i want a pattern that i can
        > follow easily cause it is my first time making this and i am farily
        > new at sewing!!!! (taught myself most of what i know)
        > and i also would like to make this dress out of emerald green
        > satin....just double checking, but is that period???
        > and i want fur on the sleeves, but i am not sure what to use or where
        > to get it
        > any help at all is much appreciated!!!
        > Electra

        Have you checked out the Tudor Tailor? It is a good resource, and I
        found it fairly easy to follow.

        -E.
      • velvetclad
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 9, 2007
          --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "sheaailidh" <sheaailidh@...>
          wrote:

          > i have been trying and trying to find a good pattern for a court
          Tudor
          > dress (Anne Boleyn style-ish). but most of what i find is
          > Eliabethan....and they are similar, but i want a pattern that i can
          > follow easily cause it is my first time making this and i am farily
          > new at sewing!!!! (taught myself most of what i know)
          > and i also would like to make this dress out of emerald green
          > satin....just double checking, but is that period???
          > and i want fur on the sleeves, but i am not sure what to use or where
          > to get it
          > any help at all is much appreciated!!!
          > Electra

          Try Reconstructing History also. I believe she has a Tudor. My first
          dress was a Tudor, and I lined the sleeves with "fur" from a coat that
          I ripped apart. I think I paid $3 for the coat at a thrift
          store....many years ago.There are many Elizabethan patterns that have
          the same bodice cut, just shorten the front so it doesnt go as far down
          the belly. Look for patterns that DONT have bust darts or a princess
          seam. The smoother the front, the better the look. Have you tried the
          yahoo sites just for Tudor? Also, through the SCA Yahoo groups, look
          for the Company of Clothiers. They are based in Lyondemere, Caid, and
          are truly helpful. Tudor Tailor is great, I saw a finished dress when
          the authors came through Phoenix. It hangs perfectly.
          Hope that helps
          Anna