Hello... looking for a little guidance please

  • noli_desiste
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 25, 2007
      I am in the process of researching a new persona... which is proving
      to be more difficult than anticipated (it will only make me
      appreciate the hard work and time more, lol) Anyways, ehile I am
      waiting for some books to become available I was trying my hand at a
      name... ugh, again. I am trying to 10th c. Kievan Rus. I went to my
      kingdom's site and looked at "Paul Goldschmidt's Dictionary of Period
      Russian Names." I also reviewed the following articles:
      http://www.s-gabriel.org/names/predslava/bbl/
      http://www.sca.org/heraldry/laurel/names/toprus.html

      So I have the general gist of the feminine form of a masculine name.
      I found the following in the dicitionary:
      Emelian (m) -- "flattering." Emelian. Lived in the 9th century.
      [Buk 18] ---- so now I am trying to figure out if the fem. form
      is Emelia or Emeliana (I think it would be Emeliana.) Or am I just
      out there flapping?

      Your "2 cents" is truly needed here : ) Also, anyone with some
      suggested reading, sites, ect... about early Kievan Rus, your input
      is greatly welcomed. I am finding that sites repeat their
      information alot on the web and I really wish I could read and write
      Russian, lol, so it life : )

      YIS,

      Emmie