Re: OT: Save Viking Ship Reconstruction Near Chicago

  • camyllia
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2007
      MODERATOR NOTE - As a courtesy to our many members who receive this list in digest form, we ask that you not top post and that you trim text from previous messages if it does not need to be repeated. Thank you. Jehanne de Wodeford, Pacific Time Zone Moderator

      MESSAGE ORDER CHANGED:

      --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, Folo Watkins <folo@...> wrote:
      > The Raven (or The Viking), the reconstruction of the Gokstad ship
      that was sailed to Chicago from Norway for the 1893 World's Fair, is in the Amex competition to receive a grant for its maintenance (and it needs it!). It is currently still third, so vote and vote often. The competition ends within two weeks. All you do is click on

      <http://www.partnersinpreservation.com/

      > register (quick & free) & then click on vote, which is off to the
      > left.

      Right now she is in third place with 10% and the leader has 15%. With
      as many people that we can reach we should be able to save her. Folo
      sent you some photos here are some more. Please vote everyday until
      Oct 10th. Lets see what we can do to get her help that she needs.

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/camyllia/sets/72157601984415900/

      Please help.
      Camy