Re: [Authentic_SCA] Re: Higher Entry Standard Events?

  • Katherine Throckmorton
    Message 1 of 24 , Sep 26, 2007
      On 9/26/07, msgilliandurham <msgilliandurham@...> wrote:

      > >I wonder how setting aside an area for a display of "era-accurate"
      > >encampments would work?

      That would depend largely on how the event was handling land allocation. In
      general, I'd suggest getting a hold of the autocrat, or the deputy in charge
      of the land allocation. Explain what it is you want to do, and the space it
      will take. Once you have the space, it is just a matter of letting people
      know that it is going on and coordinating the encampment.
      If it is a event at Estrella, where there is already a period encampment
      area, it would be easy to talk to the person who is in charge about getting
      some space for a era-specific encampment, there are already a group of
      Vikings who do that.

      Enforcement isn't generally a issue, since the people who are in the camp
      are fairly self-selecting.

      -Katherine