Re: [Authentic_SCA] linen thread

  • ranvaig@columbus.rr.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 11, 2007
      >Does anyone know where I can get white, natural, or black linen thread, around 100/3, put up on cones?

      http://www.needlestack.com/WebStore/Thread/threads-byvendor.html
      has 50 m of Londonderry for $2.10, they dont list the colors, but I think they carry everything available.

      http://www.vansciverbobbinlace.com/2Threads.html#Linen%20Threads
      has 1200 yds of bleached Pella linen for $24.95
      and 50 m of Londonderry in white ivory and beige for $2.25

      http://www.threadneedlestreet.com/linthrd.htm
      has 50 m of Londonderry for $2.40 in ash, beige, white, ivory and black

      From what I've seen 100/3 is usually on spools for lace making, I've never seen it on cones. 2 ply might be easier to find on cones for the weaving market, I'm not sure about anything that fine though.

      I use 80/3 Londonderry for most of my handsewing. I've seen 100/3 recommended for handkerchief weight linen.

      Ranvaig